Netgear is a renowned brand when it comes to networking hardware devices. Netgear provides one of the fastest routers available in the industry. There is a plethora of range of routers available with them. Netgear keeps launching new routers with the latest available technology. However, it is not feasible for users to buy new WiFi routers every now and then to keep up with the technology. In order to address this issue, Netgear provides new firmware updates on a regular basis. Getting the Netgear router updated to the latest firmware will add on latest features to it, thereby enhancing its functionality. Performing Netgear firmware updates via www://routerlogin.net lets you enjoy the latest features on the existing router. Firmware updates also provide security by updating encrypted techniques onto the device. Therefore, it becomes essential for a Netgear router user to keep the router updated to the latest version of the firmware.
How to Update Netgear Router Firmware?
If you are not aware of how to update firmware on the router, then we will guide you through very simple steps. There are two main ways to get the Netgear router firmware updated. The manual method of Netgear router firmware update using web address routerlogin.net Netgear and Netgear router firmware update via Nighthawk app. Now that you know why and how to get the firmware updated on the Netgear router, it is time to update your Netgear router firmware. Let’s get started.
Netgear Router Firmware Update via Manual Method
To update the Netgear router firmware through the manual method, follow the ahead mentioned process. Before beginning the process, make sure that you have a computer or laptop with you. Also, ensure to have the latest operating system and web browser installed to avoid any issues later on. Another point that you need to take care of is to ensure that your Netgear router is already configured using www.routerlogin.net setup wizard or the Nighthawk app. Let us start with the process.
- Using a computer or laptop, open an internet browser, and in the address bar type routerlogin.net and hit Enter.
- You will see the Netgear router login window. Enter your username and password to access your router page.
- Go to the Administration section under the Advanced option.
- Click on the Firmware Update button after selecting your router model.
- Click on the Upload button and you are done with the Netgear router firmware update.
Netgear Router Firmware Update via Nighthawk App
In case, you cannot update the router using the above method, you can opt for the next method. To get the latest version of firmware updated on the Netgear router using the Nighthawk app, you will need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Download the Nighthawk app on your smartphone via Play Store or App Store, if you haven’t done already.
- Launch the app.
- Log in using the default Netgear credentials.
If you want to be certain regarding the routerlogin.net admin details before using them, refer to the user manual that came along with your device at the time of purchase.
- You will land on the Netgear router dashboard.
- Tap on the image of the router which you are using.
- Navigate to the Router Settings page.
- Tap on Check For Updates.
- Tap on the Update button. The firmware update will start automatically.
This was all on how to update firmware on Netgear router. After the Netgear router firmware is updated, your router will automatically restart. So you need not worry about it. Getting the router updated to the latest firmware enhances the router’s security and performance, removes bugs, and adds new features to it. Therefore, always keep a look for new updates and get them installed on the Netgear router.