How Can I Do Pest Control at Homeby Myself?
Are the rats destroying the food items in the kitchen and spiders crawling on the bed? If yes, then it is a clear sign of pest infestation in the home and it requires instant action. Pests such as wasps, spiders, ants, termites, bed bugs, flies, and rodents are commonly found in many places. Controlling their growth requires great skills and the use of several tools. Pests not only affect valuable possessions but also affect the health of the people living in the house to a great extent. It is always the best idea to contact professionals for this work, but if you feel that the situation is still under control, look at the following ways to do pest control for 4 common types of pests at home:
- Spider Pest Control South Morang
These crawlies look tiny but can be hazardous at times. Several poisonous species of spiders are found in Australia and they must be controlled before they spread everywhere. The best thing is to look for the spider webs in the house because the chances of a spider infestation are the maximum in those places. The following tips can be followed to control spiders:
- Don’t let the clutter of old things accumulate in any corner of the house. Vacuum cleaning of all the untouched places is necessary to remove the webs, eggs, and spiders. Don’t forget to dispose of the debris away from the house to prevent the entry of spiders into the house.
- Window screens for insects can be installed on the windows to restrict the entry of spiders.
- Any kinds of gaps and cracks on the walls, ceilings, and other parts of the house must be sealed.
- Ventilation in the house must be proper to avoid dampness.
- You can use some insecticide sprays available in the market to remove the spiders from their shelters.
- Peppermint oil and cinnamon have a peculiar odor and spiders stay away from these fragrances. You can even plant a eucalyptus tree because spiders don’t like its smell.
- Cats are adorable pets and also natural hunters of spiders. Get a cat and get rid of the worries of spider infestation.
If you have planning to deal with spiders alone, make sure that you wear protective gear like professionals because they can bite sometimes. As an unprofessional, you may not understand the spider types and their behaviour. Whenever you feel that spider pest control is beyond your control, then without wasting time contact the pest control South Morang professionals to do the work.
- Cockroaches Control
Cockroaches generally come out from damp and dirty places and spread their germs all over the place. Stomach infections and other diseases are very common in the house where cockroaches live. Here are some ways to control the cockroaches:
- Surroundings should be kept dry and clean. Proper ventilation and sunlight exposure must be ensured.
- Trash bins should not be left uncovered because the trash attracts both ants and cockroaches.
- All the possible gaps that can be the entry points for the cockroaches must be sealed.
- Cockroach repellent sprays can be used to eradicate them from the house.
- Keep a check on the dark and damp places.
- Boric acid and baking soda can be used as natural insecticides. Bay leaves and peppermint leaves can also be used to keep the cockroaches away from the kitchen corners because their odor cannot be resisted by the cockroaches.
- Rodent Control Treatment
Rats, mice, and squirrels look innocent but can be highly destructive. Squirrels usually make shelters in the garden and destroy the plants and fruits while rats and mice eat and chew the food products, clothes, papers, furniture, and much more. The following pest control South Morang ideas can be considered to get rid of them:
- Poison baits and traps can be purchased from the market to eradicate rodents from residential and commercial property.
- All types of holes, burrows, and shelters of these rodents must be destroyed and sealed to restrict their entry.
- Piling up the trash in one place must be avoided.
- Regular cleanliness should be maintained.
- Food products must be stored inside the air-tight containers
- Check the cupboards, store rooms, drawers, and kitchen cabinets from time to time to control the damage on time.
- Termite Pest Control
Furniture at home can be badly affected by the presence of termites. Controlling them on time can save a lot of money by controlling their infestation on time. If you are looking for some easy ways to get rid of them without taking professional help, look at the below-mentioned tips:
- Furniture can be kept in the sunlight for a few hours. Termites make holes in the chairs and colonies on wooden doors and windows because they prefer to stay in moist and dark places.
- Some essential oils like garlic oil, clove oil, and orange oil are toxic to these pests. By applying these oils to the affected areas, you can eradicate the termites.
- Make a solution of boric acid with hot water and spray it over the furniture to remove the termite.
- Diatomaceous earth can be used to kill the termites living in the hollow space of the wooden furniture.
Undoubtedly, pests can hamper anyone’s peace of mind. Their numbers increase rapidly and they continuously create chaos in the surroundings. Many people are afraid of taking professional pest control services because of the prices associated with them. For such people, the above-mentioned tips for pest control can be beneficial. But, they are effective at the initial stage only. These spider Pest Control Frankston, rodent control and termite pest control methods can be implemented by everyone. Maintaining cleanliness, using pungent-smelling oils, spraying the insecticides available in the retail shops, and sealing the entry points are some common preventive measures for almost all kinds of pests. But, once the infestation spreads and becomes harmful to everyone, it is always recommended to consult an expert.
Read More Informative News!