Bring out the food, dust up the cards, and enjoy the positive energy. Game night is here to enjoy at your place in one of the apartments for sale in Downtown Dubai!
It’s freezing outside, making game night the ideal activity whether you’re snowed in or just want to relax.
Game night is all about friendly competition, whether it’s a night in with friends or a fun activity for the whole family. Simple, hot drinks should be served, and a relaxed atmosphere should prevail.
Here is a do-it-yourself project that will delight even the most aloof guest.
Card coasters materials
- Vintage playing cards — find them at a flea market or yard sale
- Panel of cork — pick one up at any craft or hardware store
Whether you’re looking for a fun way to spend an evening with friends or want to make some new ones, hosting a game night is a great option! But what makes for a cozy game night? Here are some tips:
1. Make sure your space is comfortable and inviting. This means having enough seating for everyone, plus any extra blankets and pillows for people who want to get cozy on the floor. You should also have plenty of snacks and drinks on hand.
2. Choose games that everyone can enjoy. Games that are too complicated or long can be frustrating, so stick to something simple that everyone can pick up quickly. Card games and board games are always good options.
3. Set the mood with some music. Soft, relaxing tunes will help everyone feel more at ease and in the right frame of mind for gaming.
4. Keep things relaxed and don’t take things too seriously. A game night should be fun, so make sure that’s your priority!
5. Encourage socializing and mingling between games. This is a great opportunity for people to get to know each other better.
6. Take breaks as needed. If things start to get too heated, take a few minutes to regroup and come back refreshed.
7. Make sure everyone knows when the game night is over. People should feel free to stay and chat after the games are done, but let them know when it’s time to wrap things up so everyone can head home at a reasonable hour.
Following these tips will help you host a cozy game night that everyone will enjoy at your place in one of the apartments for sale in Business Bay. So invite some friends over, break out the games, and have a good time!
The nights are getting cooler and there is a crispness in the air. That could only mean one thing, my favorite season is approaching! Autumn, Fall or what I like to call, cozy season! The perfect time of year to start planning a cozy game night. Grab some candles and snuggle up with a blanket, because we are about to tell you how to plan a cozy game night during the colder months.
As outdoor summer activities come to an end and we start spending more time inside, we no longer have that need to be outside, but rather the desire for cozy comfort indoors. It’s the time of year where the sun is still shining, but the days are beginning to shorten. When you start trading in your shorts and t-shirts for jeans and sweaters. At this point, I think I have done a pretty good job of helping you visualize how your upcoming cozy game night will look. So let’s dive into how exactly you will make that vision a reality!
I like to arrange candles in little groupings or “vignettes”. Having anywhere from three to five candles in a couple of different areas around the room will allow for a nice warm glow that will fill the room without being too dark or too bright in one specific area.
If your room has a fireplace, don’t be afraid to light that baby up! If the weather outside isn’t quite cool enough yet for a full on fire, place some larger candles in the fireplace to create a warming environment without heating up the room.
Make sure you have enough candles so that there is good visibility for playing your board games. You don’t want to ruin the beauty of the candlelight by having to turn on actual lights. Trust me on this, you can never have too many candles and you won’t regret setting the mood with some old fashioned candlelight.
If you’re feeling more adventurous, don’t forget a scented candle or two! I like to choose scents that are relaxing and refreshing such as lavender, lemon and eucalyptus. For really chilly days around the holidays, scents like cinnamon and vanilla make for an amazing atmosphere.