Here in this comprehensive guide, you will come to know how to optimize content for featured snippets to enhance the number of visitors to your website. How you can improve your content to be a featured snippet of content is contingent on the availability of a featured snippet with the same keyword. Fortunately, a lot of the fundamental research procedures are similar.
Find a SERP Opportunity
Begin by conducting SERP studies to discover possibilities to get back to the zero position.
Decide if you would like to take down a feature excerpt or try the new one.
Find the keywords that lead to the featured snippet, and search them in Google’s search results.
Study what kind of featured snippets appear when you search for the term most frequently, and you will know how to improve your site’s performance.
It is possible to conduct the research either manually or in a computerized manner. Its a best practice to optimize your content for featured snippets followed by top digital marketing experts in the world.If you want to conduct research manually, you’ll have to go through each keyword by themselves using the Google search engine to see what pops up and then note the type of snippet that is featured and its quality.
It is possible to automate your research by making use of software that gathers data on various keywords. These tools can provide you with crucial information, such as:
- If a particular snippet of content is legal or not
- What kind of competition for the highlighted excerpt looks like?
- What is the number of searches conducted on the same keyword or phrase?
If you decide to buy software to automate this process, Ahrefs provides a full keyword tool that can help to optimize your content for prominent short snippets.
Focus Your Content on a Long-tail Keyword
When your client’s search on Google, they’re not looking for topics that are confined to one word. They type full- or partial-formed ideas into the search bar. In SEO, these terms are often referred to as long-tail keywords. And they’re the ones your company should strive to optimize. For instance, instead of making use of the word “advertising,” a customer may use long-tail terms, for example:
- The best advertising agency
- Platforms for advertising
- Ideas for advertising campaigns
- Advertising agencies that break the mold
- Digital software for advertising
When you optimize your content for long-tail keywords, you will gain the capability of ranking for featured snippets as well as “People also ask” boxes. These dropdowns contain commonly asked questions and answers from a variety of websites.
When your website’s content has been selected with a featured snippet and “People also ask,” results will bring more visitors to the site.
Choose Your Type of Content
After you’ve created SEO-friendly content to meet your target keyword, select the featured snippet type of content and then optimize your content in line with it. For example, if your article defines a word and you’re trying to get it featured as a snippet of text, your content should include:
- A section between 40-60 words
- The keyword that is the focus as an under heading to define the term
- A box around the content is useful if you’d like to format it as an excerpt
- A precise definition is not an opinion
Google doesn’t want to be able to read opinions that are blatantly stated as definitions. This will reduce your chances of being featured in an excerpt if you have them written in this manner.
When you’re looking to make your content more efficient to be table-based, you must:
- Include your information in an online table on your site
- Tag your table with an HTML tag to enable Google to be able to recognize it
- Use an H2 subheading or H3 or subheader to present your table.
If you own a company that deals with data, this could be a chance to get an exclusive snippet of data because the information may not be widely available on the internet.
When you want to make your content more efficient for a list, you must first consider whether the order of your list is important. If so, start using an ordered list. Also, be sure to pay attention to the formatting:
- Frame the list by using an H2 or H3 heading prior to or after content
- Be sure that the order in the list you have written is clearly defined. And then write down the steps like “Step 1.” and “Step 2.”
- Keep your words consistent and the formatting
- An ordered list is similar to an organized list. But you can utilize bullet points rather than listing each of the actions.
What Is Absolutely Necessary To Get a Featured Snippet?
Featured snippets of content have traditionally been pulled from websites that appear on the first page of the Google SERP. These articles are SEO-friendly and appear within the top 10 results for the keyword you are searching for.
It is much easier to replace an existing snippet of content than create an entirely new one with your subject or article. Although the featured snippets change frequently and are not always updated. Getting a fresh featured snippet is achievable with the proper content.