This post will discuss two ways to delete apps from FireStick. They are FireStick Lite and Amazon Fire TV Cube. First, let me explain why you might want to delete apps off your FireStick. Next, I’ll explain the two ways to do it. Finally, I will answer any questions you might have.
The Amazon FireStick is a great example of the progress technology has made. The FireStick can be connected to the HDMI port on a display to turn it into an entertainment hub. This is an ideal companion for those who enjoy watching their entertainment on any screen.
You can download apps for Netflix and YouTube. Many FireStick users install a lot of apps. They regret it later, when their storage is full and the device becomes slow.
This is exactly what I will help you with. Let me first explain the problems it can solve when you remove apps from your Amazon FireStick.
Why Delete Apps from FireStick?
One of the most popular questions is how to delete an app on firestick. These are the reasons Fire TV Stick users remove apps.
To Make Space for Other Apps
FireStick has limited storage. You may have to delete apps that you don’t use or don’t need. This could result in you running out of storage space for the apps you do want. Users delete apps they don’t use often to make space for other apps or an OS upgrade.
To Clear App Data & Cache
Most people don’t delete the cache and data of apps they use often. They uninstall and reinstall apps to clear their cache and data from FireStick. This is especially important as it may also fix technical issues.
To Fix Application Malfunctions
To fix technical problems, some users may also delete and reinstall certain apps. App crashes or slowness can often be fixed by deleting and installing the appropriate apps. To see if your apps are responding to you, or slowing down, delete them and reinstall them.
FireStick can be accelerated
Uninstalling additional apps can help improve FireStick’s performance, just like fixing app problems. Because there isn’t enough space to run the operating system properly, a device with too many apps will slow down. Clearing the Amazon FireStick’s storage by deleting applications will give the device the space it needs to function properly. This usually results in a performance increase. While you may notice decreased buffering, buffering can also occur due to a slow Internet connection.
Get Rid Of Bloatware
FireSticks come preloaded with certain apps, also known collectively as bloatware. To free up space on their FireStick, users who don’t want the bloatware might be interested in getting rid of it. Many FireStick users just delete the bloatware.
How To Delete Apps From FireStick
Let’s get to the point: How to delete apps from FireStick. Let’s get started.
Two methods will be shared. If you want to delete apps using the advanced method, please follow the first. This method is thorough, and it ensures that no data from the application will be lost.
If you wish to remove apps from your FireStick as quickly and easily as possible, follow the second method. Depending on which app you are removing, this method could leave some app data behind.
Method 1. Delete Apps Via FireStick Settings Menu
We’ll first show you how to delete apps from the FireStick settings menu. Before uninstalling an app, we’ll clear the cache and data.
- Click the settings gear to the right of your screen.
- Use Applications.
- Scroll down to open Manage installed applications.
- All the apps currently installed on your Fire TV will be displayed.
- Choose the app that you wish to delete. To demonstrate, I will select AOS TV.
- You’ll be presented with a variety of options after selecting the app you want to delete. To close the app, choose Force Stop.
- Scroll down and click Clear cache.
- To confirm that the app is being deleted, click on Clear Data. Click on Uninstall.
- Click on Uninstall. Click on Uninstall.
- To confirm that the app has been removed from your device, click Uninstall.
Read More: how to install apks on ios
2nd Method: Delete Apps via the FireStick App Library
This method is for users who want to remove apps from their FireStick with no additional steps. Click the three tile button to the right of the screen, near the button for setting.
- Your device will display your most-used and pinned apps.
- Scroll down to the app you want to delete. Don’t choose it. Instead, press the option button on your remote. This button has three horizontal dashes.
- The menu will be located on the right-hand side of your screen. Scroll down to select Uninstall.
- The FireStick will prompt to confirm your action. Click Uninstall.
- Click OK, to remove the app from FireStick.
This article will explain why apps should be deleted from FireStick and how to remove FireStick apps. This is the most thorough method to remove apps and associated data. This second method is simpler and faster to remove apps.