Do you need a reliable and effective WiFi range extender installed at your home right now? Well, congrats, you’ve found the right post. This is to let you know that Comfast is the most reliable brand on the market today that can connect your whole house to the internet. But before you can use the extender to start streaming, browsing, or downloading, you need to set it up correctly. All the information you’ll need to install and operate a Comfast WiFi extender is included in this article. Let’s get things going.
How to Set Up a Comfast WiFi Extender
No matter which model of Comfast WiFi extender you bought, the way to set up a Comfast WiFi extender is the same for all of them. So, look at the list of steps below to learn how to set up a Comfast WiFi extender:
- As soon as you’re done unpacking your device, put it close to your host router.
- You need to make sure that the two devices aren’t too close to each other.
- Plug your extender’s power cord into the wall to turn it on.
- Your extender’s power LED will soon turn green.
- Now you need to set up a link between the router and the extender. You can either use an Ethernet cable or a wireless connection to do this.
- When it comes to getting an extender up and running, wired connections are more reliable than wireless ones. So, if you have a cable, you should only use wired connections to get things done quickly and easily.
- Have you set up a link between the two devices? We’re hoping so! Move on to the next step and make sure you have access to a computer with an up-to-date web browser.
- Start your computer and open your browser.
- If the browser being used for the process has so many tabs open, you might want to close some of them.
- Type the default web address into the URL field of your browser, and then press Enter on your computer to continue.
- Your Comfast range extender’s login page will be brought up on the screen.
- Here is where you should put the default login information for your extender.
Quick Tip: If you don’t know the admin login information, check the user manual that came with your extender.
- Clicking “Log in” opens the Comfast setup wizard.
- This is your WiFi range extender’s dashboard or web UI.
- Now, go to your device’s settings and look for the name of the network that matches the name of your WiFi router.
- Choose the same to move on with the process of learning how to set up a Comfast WiFi extender.
- You will be given the option to change your extender’s username and password.
- So, give your device a friendly name and a hard-to-crack password.
- Aside from that, you may get a notice that your range extender’s firmware needs to be updated.
- To do this, go to Comfast’s official website and see if there is new firmware for the model of extender you have.
- If so, download it to your computer first, and then update your range extender. Make sure you don’t do anything else on your system while the process is running.
- Once you’re done, your device’s screen will show you what to do next.
- With that information, you will be able to finish setting up your extender.
All done! Here ends our step-by-step guide on how to do Comfast WiFi extender setup.
To Sum It Up
Let’s finish up our guide on how to set up a Comfast WiFi extender to make your home WiFi router reach farther.