It’s frustrating when apps on your iPhone crash, especially when it happens to one as popular as Snapchat. Fortunately, there are several ways you can troubleshoot and fix the problem. The solutions I’ll outline in this post have helped me solve many of my own crashing problems!
If you’re having trouble with Snapchat on your iPhone, try these steps:
- Restart your iPhone.
- Restart your internet connection.
- Uninstall and reinstall Snapchat from the App Store.
If that doesn’t solve the problem, delete Snapchat from your device and re-download it (the easiest way is to go through the “Purchased” options in the App Store).
Reinstall Snapchat on Your iPhone
If you have tried all the above steps to fix Snapchat keeps crashing on iPhone and still cannot solve the problem, you can try reinstalling Snapchat again. To do so:
- Go to Settings -> General -> Device Management and tap on your Apple ID. Then press “Trust” twice (this will ensure that you are logged in with the correct Apple ID).
- Go back to Settings -> General -> Profiles & Device Management, tap on Snapchat, then tap Delete Profile (you may have to enter your device passcode). It may also show a warning saying that data will be deleted before deleting profile or app information from your iPhone; if so, confirm this action by tapping Delete again when prompted for confirmation for deleting data associated with Snapchat application or profile information from this device.
If you have the latest version of Snapchat and are still experiencing issues, try updating the app again. To update your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > General > Software Update and follow the onscreen prompts.
If that doesn’t fix it:
- Check if there’s a new version available. If so, download it (see [How To Backup And Restore In iOS](https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204093)) and install it manually.
- Restart your device by holding down the power button until it turns off then pressing it again to turn it back on (this may take up to 10 seconds).
Clear App Cache & Data in Snapchat
To clear the app data, go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage. Scroll down and tap on Snapchat under the “Use” section.
To clear the cache from an iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open up the Settings app.
- Navigate to General > Storage & iCloud Usage.
- Scroll down until you see Snapchat at the bottom of this list, then tap on it once more to open up its settings page.
- Finally, check out the option that says Clear Cache next to it and tap on it once more if you want to clear both your snapchat data as well as all of its related files
Related Blog: Fix Snapchat Loading Screen Issue
Free Up iPhone Storage Space
You can free up storage by deleting unused apps. The easiest way to do this is to open Settings and go to General > Storage & iCloud Usage. Tap Manage Storage, then tap on the app you want to remove from your device. Tap Delete App when prompted and confirm that you really want to delete it (because once it’s gone, it’s gone).
For the next step in clearing up storage space on your iPhone, go back into Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage where you will find a list of all the apps that take up space on your phone. You may see some apps here with large numbers beneath them because they contain data within them (like photos or videos). If so, tap any of these names and scroll down until you see “Storage Used” at the bottom of each list item’s description; then tap Downloaded Media Size next to each one and choose which items should be removed from your iPhone altogether if possible (for example: if there are many pictures stored but only a few favorites saved among them).
Restore iPhone to Factory Settings
Before you proceed to factory reset, make sure that you have backed up your data. If not, then go ahead and do that first.
Once the backup is done, here are the steps to factory reset:
- Go to your Settings app and then look for General and then Reset options. There you will find a button labeled Erase All Content And Settings (this may be different depending on your iOS version). Tap it to start the process of resetting your iPhone back to its factory settings. The phone will restart automatically after this is done and it might take a few minutes for everything including apps installed on the device through iTunes or third party app stores like Xender or Google Play Store etcetera.
Try the fixes above to solve Snapchat keeps crashing on iPhone.
If you don’t see any improvement, contact Snapchat support.
If you’re still having issues with Snapchat crashing on your iPhone, make sure to contact Apple for further assistance. In many cases, Apple will be able to help you fix the problem over the phone or remotely if needed. So don’t hesitate! Also, visit on their website Guidebrain.com for more help related to this problem.