The Electronic air regulator valve is the equipment which can be used for automatic pressure management of air in pneumatic systems. There are many instrumentation systems in which high air pressure needs to be brought down. In the past mechanical regulators were used for pressure adjustment but they were not that effective in their working. There was a lot of risk involved while using the mechanical air pressure control valves because of the weak designs and human interference. But today you don’t have to rely on mechanical devices because of the new technology.
In this article we are going to talk about electronic air regulator valve and also their working details. Let us discuss the working operation of the regulators.
Principle working operation of the modern air pressure regulator
Read the working of the air pressure regulator carefully:
- First most know that the main supply of air is attached to the inlet port of the air pressure regulator. The inlet air passes through the chamber in which it gets filtered and then goes down to the bottom of the digital pressure regulators.
- The air would then pass through the filter in which all the dirt particles are removed. This stage is important as all the particles are removed that can clog the regulator.
- The electronic air regulator valve is moved by springs that would be pressing on the diaphragm.
- The range spring of the valve would hold the entire assembly down. The valve assembly would keep up until the output pressure is enough to hold the diaphragm. The valve would then be closed by the small spring in the assembly.
- The air in the cylinder or pneumatic system is allowed to go through a certain hole which directs it right to the bottom of the diaphragm. And from there the air would go out of the vent. This stage is also important as it balances all pressure in the electronic air pressure regulator.
- If there comes a situation where the outlet pressure is more than the pressure set by the operator/range spring in the electronic air regulator valve. Then the air shall go out through the extra vent that you would see on the top of the diaphragm. When the extra pressure is released and the internal pressure is balanced out in the pneumatic pressure regulator electronic system. The assembly of the valve would open up to maintain the correct pressure set by the operator. The pressure would then be released from the outer air port.
- Now if there is a situation in which the outlet pressure comes down to than the psi set by the range spring then you would see that the valve assembly would automatically remain open till the pressure is reached for optimal operation.
The electronic air regulator valve can manage outlet pressure even if the internal pressure is fluctuating which makes it a good choice. Know that the modern electronic fuel pressure regulator also works on the same principle!